Christow Primary School is a member of Education South West. As an academy, the Trust is
the admission authority and has responsibility for setting these admission arrangements and for
making decisions regarding admissions applications.
This policy details the admission arrangements for our school and should be read in conjunction with the Primary and In-Year Co-ordinated Admissions Schemes and other agreed policies of Devon County Council, the Local Authority (LA). All policies and procedures seek to comply with the requirements of the School Admissions Code 2012, the School Admissions Appeals Code 2012 and other relevant legislation including Infant Class Size Legislation limiting Key Stage One classes to 30 pupils with each qualified teacher.
The school's ethos originates in the desire to establish in the daily lives of members of the school community the principles of Care, Compassion, Consideration, Co-operation and Commitment. We hope thereby to strive for fulfillment and achievement for everyone within the school, whatever their needs or talents, to extend those same principles to understand our place as world citizens, and to take responsibility for our own actions.
Our aims are:
1. To develop in children lively, enquiring minds together with a positive wish to learn, to question, to argue rationally and to apply themselves intelligently to tasks.
2. To develop the children's self-confidence, independence and understanding of themselves and others so that as children and adults they can play a fulfilling role in a multicultural society.
3. To provide a rich and diverse curriculum to enable the fullest development of the child's skills, attitude, concepts and knowledge.
4. To provide a safe, secure environment which facilitates effective teaching and learning and which reflects the school's commitment to maintaining ecologically sound principles.
5. To recognise each child's potential and create opportunities to develop and celebrate individual skills and talents.
At the heart of the process lies the child. No advances in policy making or the acquisition of new resources will have the desired effect unless they are in harmony with the needs of the child.
We ask all parents applying for a place here to respect our ethos and its importance to the school community. This does not affect the right of parents to apply for and be considered for a place here
CHRISTOW COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL, Dry Lane, Christow, EX6 7PE
Tel: 01647 252542